Monday, November 4, 2013

Fast Q & A with FC Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez

I had a passing moment to question FC Dallas and Peruvian National Team goalie Raul Fernandez. Here's our quick Q & A:

Q: How do you think MLS has prepared you for World Cup Qualifying this past season?

A: I needed to compete at a high level to stay as a starter for Peru. Drew Keeshan's visit was crucial for my decision. We had a great chemistry from the start. Since our first conversation I knew I wanted to train with him. Now we make a strong team. He has helped me recover my best level.

Q: That's great to hear. I know Dallas didn't finish the season strong but are you excited for next season to start?

A: We had a great start but couldn't keep the level, even though Coach Schellas did a great job. I'm disappointed not to reach (the) playoffs.

Raul also added that his agent has a pending conversation with FC Dallas about his future at the club. Should hear soon as a decision is to be made fairly quick.

-Marc Kusant @TheRedestBull

No comments:

Post a Comment